Friday 22 March 2013

Beadboard Wallpaper



Source(google.com.pk)

Beadboard Wallpaper Biography

When we first walked through this house 4 1/2 years ago the first thing I said was “I hate the kitchen.”  It was awful — stock cabinets with no molding whatsoever, mismatched appliances, terrible countertops and awful flooring.  We have made continual changes to this space as time and budget has permitted.  I loved the black cabinets when I painted, but after awhile, the dark has just become overwhelming. There is a WHOLE LOTTA black going on. I would love to repaint the cabinets lighter but my husband might keel over if I tackle thatSo in order to try to resist the urge to revamp my entire kitchen, I decided to give my island a makeover to lighten up the space a little.  Here are a few pictures of the evolution of my kitchen.
 This project is so easy if you have a familiarity with measuring and sawing.  The beadboard and battens took me only two hours to do.  It helps that I measured the sides of my island and had my big box store cut the pieces to fit perfectly.  Then all I had to do was put a little wood glue on the back, stick them in place and then tacked the edges with my brad nailer.
2. Next I framed out the front and sides of my island and then I glued and tacked those in place. I didn’t miter those edges, but rather just butt them up to each other. Then I added three more battens on the front of my island which just made it, if you ask me.  And that is all really.3.  Ok well maybe not, then I had to touch up all the holes with wood filler and sand those done.  Then I primed and painted it.  I decided to spray it because I just love the look of sprayed cabinets.  I used a new sprayer (Command Max from Home Right).  I am still not sure whether or not I can recommend it or not.  Give me a little while to try it out more.
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper

Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper
Beadboard Wallpaper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...